Welcome to the conference pages for the AREIAC conference 2016. Non-members of AREIAC are welcome to attend conference but why not make this a reason to join and save back some of the the cost of membership in reduced conference attendence?
The conference will run from the morning of Monday 4th to the afternoon of Tuesday 5th, July 2016.
The conference will take place in the lovely Village Hotel Club, Swansea:
- located near to the city centre and the developing marina quarter,
- delegates will have access to the leisure club facilities (pool, spa, steam room and fitness studio),
- other attractions nearby include the Dylan Thomas centre, the national coal museum.
- Key Note Speaker - Martha Shaw (Goldsmith's University and co-autoher of RE for REal)
- Key Note Speaker - Barrie Phillips (PREVENT) and Omer Williams (Welsh Government), "Radicalisation and challengeing extremism through curriculum interventions"
‘Question Time’ - make sure you’re in the know chaired by Dilwyn Hunt with representatives from a range of our favourite RE organisations
- Show and Tell – Let us know what you’ve been up to – book your slot early!
- Workshops – to engage and inspire:
- Headteacher, Rebecca Webb and pupils from Hafod Primary School
- Libby Jones, RE Adviser Wrexham – ‘Why Collective Worship?’
- Henna Nisa, University of Wales - Challenges of identity for Muslim Teenagers Barrie Phillips, PREVENT
- Mary Parry, RE Adviser Carmarthenshire – Engaging Boys In REA
- Presentation - Celebrating Personal and Community Identity Peace Mala Project with Pam Evans
- Annual General Meeting: Members of AREIAC
- Sunday-Tuesday: (no dinner on Sunday) £315.00
- Monday to Tuesday: £285.00
- Monday only (including Dinner): £160.00
- Monday only (excluding Dinner): £130.00
- Tuesday only: £130.00
Note that the conference fee is £15 higher for a non-member - why not consider joining AREIAC?
Download a booking form - when complete please send to email@example.com
The Village Hotel Club, Swansea can be found just over a mile from Swansea railways station (about 20 mins walk) or about 10 mins by taxi. If driving then leave the M42 at junction 42 taking the A483 towards the city centre, passing the university on your left you will see the hotel on your left about a mile (1.8km) later. The postcode for the hotel is SA1 8QY.